Coffee is a drink much appreciated by all Brazilians. It isn’t easy to find a person who does not like this delicious drink. Whether at home, at work, or on the street, almost everyone enjoys good coffee. Therefore, in view of this situation, the best thing to do, without a doubt, is to purchase an excellent industrial coffee maker.
Many people don’t start their day until they have their first cup of coffee. An industrial coffee maker is a key element in bakeries, cafes, and restaurants. However, it is also widespread to find them in different work environments. Some people even choose this type of coffee maker for their home. Here, we will tell you all about this efficient device.
The most important
- The first thing you should be clear about before buying an industrial coffee maker is how it will be used. It is essential to know whether it will be used in a home or professional environment, with a bar or cafe.
- It is also essential to consider its size, as there are very small and compact models and larger models.
- One of the essential purchasing criteria is the speed with which the machine prepares the coffee. This is a crucial aspect of professional environments with a high volume of clients.
The best industrial coffee makers on the market: Our recommendations
Coffee is one of the most consumed drinks in the world. It is a very social element; countless meetings and gatherings take place around a cup of coffee every day. But as much as you like coffee, it can be a daunting task given the wide variety of coffee maker models out there. So we’ll show you some of the best 2021 industrial coffee makers.
- For lovers of an espresso
- A great cost-effective coffee maker
- A classic industrial coffee maker
- A very complete industrial coffee maker
For lovers of an espresso
A compact machine with excellent performance, this coffee maker is ideal for home or small offices. It has a grain compartment and a built-in grinder. It produces different types of coffee and has a digital display to aid in the preparation. Also, it has milk vaporizer.
A great cost-effective coffee maker
This Philco coffee maker is ideal for preparing fresh coffee every day. With it, it is possible to prepare two cups of coffee at the same time. It has a vaporizer nozzle and buttons to indicate the steam. It is compact, easy to store, and clean.
A classic industrial coffee maker
This industrial coffee maker option is primary but widely used. It is made of stainless steel and has a capacity of 4 liters. It does the entire process automatically and has a thermostat, low energy consumption, and high durability.
A complete industrial coffee maker
This Tramontina coffee maker is a complete model. It grinds, doses, and extracts coffee. The bean container has a capacity of 250g, which can make up to 25 doses of espresso. The grind is adjustable and has different types of coffee preparation, in addition to the milk vaporizer. It is easy to clean and has a tray for heating cups.
Shopping guide: Everything you need to know about the industrial coffee maker
The story goes that Balzac, the famous French writer, drank up to 50 cups of coffee a day. Our recommendation, however, is that you be a little more moderate than this French genius. For sure, you already know how much coffee a day is right for you.
You may not yet know the main features of industrial coffee makers that we will explain throughout this article.
What types of industrial coffee makers are there?
An industrial coffee maker is a good option for companies in the hospitality industry, also in cafes, bars, bakeries, or restaurants. However, many users choose this type of coffee machine for their home, and in many companies, it is also common to find these coffee makers in the leisure area. The most common industrial coffee maker is semi-automatic, but what other types are there?
- Manual: this type of industrial coffee maker allows you to control all aspects of coffee preparation, such as the amount of coffee or the pressure. It is a type of coffee maker that is more focused on people who are experts in the preparation of coffee.
- Semi-automatic: this industrial coffee maker is the most common, especially in the hospitality industry. This type of coffee machine allows you to control certain characteristics, such as grinding, the amount of water, or pressing. Water starts to appear at the press of a button, and it is necessary to press again to stop.
- Automatic: This type of industrial coffee machine’s operation is straightforward. Just press a button, and the coffee is prepared by itself. When you press the button, the water starts to flow and stops automatically without pressing any buttons again. Some automatic coffee machines allow you to modify the amount of water you want to come out automatically.
- Super-automatic: they are similar to the previous type of industrial coffee maker. Its main difference is that it has a built-in coffee grinder. In this way, when pressing the button, in addition to the water flowing out automatically, the machine is also responsible for grinding and extracting the coffee.
What are the parts of an industrial coffee maker?
- Nowadays, on the market, it is possible to find many industrial coffee makers’ models. There are very varied options. However, some elements are common in a considerable number of these types of coffee machines. Below, we will detail some of the main parts of industrial coffee makers: Filter support: the place where the filter is located and where the coffee spouts are located. It is a kind of flap that can be removed from the coffee maker.
- Controls are the commands with which it is possible to modify the coffee maker’s different parameters. Depending on the type of machine, other aspects can be changed. Controls can be digital or manual switches.
- Pressure gauges: its function is to measure and indicate the pressure.
- Vaporizer: it is a metallic tube that serves to heat the milk and make foam.
- Water tank: it is the place where cold water is stored, essential for preparing coffee. Its capacity may vary from one coffee maker to another. Depending on the model, it can be dismountable or not.
- Cup warmer: Some coffee makers have a system on the top to keep cups warm. In this way, it is only necessary to place the cups on top of the coffee machine not to cool down when you want to use them.
- Coffee container: Certain models have a container for placing coffee beans so that the machine itself grinds.
- Integrated grinder: it is responsible for grinding the coffee. Not all machines have this element.
- Tray: it is the place where the cups are in the place where the coffee leaves. Many models have a removable tray for cleaning.
What are the bars in industrial coffee makers?
When we talk about bars in relation to industrial coffee makers, we are not referring to these establishments where you can go for coffee. A bar is a unit of pressure measurement. The pressure is one of the fundamental aspects of an industrial coffee maker to achieve good coffee. To make the coffee, it is necessary that the water is heated and passes through the filter where the ground coffee is.
To make the coffee, it is necessary that the water is heated and passes through the filter where the ground coffee is.
The pressure is significant so that water can adequately absorb the aroma and flavor of the coffee. This is, in general, the essential operation of industrial coffee makers.
The bars indicate the pressure of the circulating water. The pressure must be adequate, there must be an ideal balance since neither excess pressure nor a superficial level is suitable for coffee.
Professional coffee makers generally work with 9 bars. Household appliances, on the other hand, work with 15. Domestic coffee makers need more pressure due to their manufacturing characteristics, especially the type of pump they use.
The pressure influences the creaminess and intensity of the coffee. However, there
are more variables that influence these aspects, such as the level of coffee pressing.
What are the advantages of an industrial coffee maker?
One of the advantages of industrial coffee makers is that, depending on the model, they allow great control over coffee preparation. However, this is only one of its benefits.
In the following table, we will show more clearly the advantages of an industrial coffee maker, as well as some of its disadvantages.Benefits
- There are models of very varied sizes, from the smallest and most compact to the most considerable size
- There are industrial coffee machines with very economical prices
- Some allow you to grind coffee on the spot, control the amount of coffee and choose the bean
- They are usually quick
- Some models allow you to serve two or more cups at once
- They are suitable for both home and business
- High-end industrial coffee makers can be expensive
- May require thorough maintenance
How to clean an industrial coffee maker?
The way to clean an industrial coffee maker can vary from one model to another and its parts. It will also influence personal tastes, as each user has their cleaning methods. It is essential to keep the coffee maker clean for hygiene and health reasons, as a dirty coffee maker is more prone to bacteria accumulation. It is also necessary to maintain cleanliness to prevent the coffee maker from spoiling or the taste and quality of the coffee being affected.
It is essential to keep the coffee maker clean for hygiene and health reasons.
The cleaning ritual will depend on whether the coffee machine is used in the hotel or at home. In the first case, it is necessary to do basic cleaning between each coffee and a deeper cleaning at the end of the day.
One of the fundamental elements that are always recommended to keep clean is the vaporizer. After each use, it is recommended to let the steam escape for a few seconds to ensure no liquid remains inside. The outside should be cleaned with a cloth so that there is no milk residue.
The tray where the cups are kept while the coffee is being prepared, the ideal is to wipe over the top of the coffee to eliminate coffee residues. If it can be dismantled, it is recommended to remove and clean it thoroughly. The outside of the coffee maker can be cleaned with a damp cloth, and the filter holder with water.
The world of coffee is vast and varied. There are many ways to prepare and consume. An industrial coffee maker is an excellent option for those people who love this much-appreciated drink. However, it is essential to keep in mind certain aspects of being able to choose wisely the best industrial coffee maker on the market. Here, we will count the most important criteria.
- Integrated grinder
- Adjustable grinding
It is essential to keep in mind the use you want to make of the industrial coffee maker before choosing a model. It is necessary to know if the coffee maker will be used at home, in the office, or even in a hotel.
If it is for commercial purposes, you need a professional as a possible coffee maker, capable of serving a high volume of people efficiently and quickly.
There are industrial coffee makers of very different sizes. If you want one for your home, you will probably prefer a more compact model that does not take up much space.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a coffee maker for a bar, perhaps a larger model is more interesting, which allows you to serve several cups simultaneously. Think about where the coffee maker will be.
Many users value positively whether the industrial coffee maker has an integrated grinder. Some models have containers for placing the entire coffee bean.
Thus, it is possible to grind the beans when preparing coffee, which is a beautiful feature. Also, it is convenient, as you do not need to grind the coffee separately.
In addition to being able to grind the coffee, it is interesting to control the degree of grinding. Some models of industrial coffee makers allow you to decide how far you want to grind the beans.
Some coffee machines of this type also allow you to regulate the amount of coffee we want to put in each serving. Consider whether these features are of interest to you.
Not all industrial coffee makers take the same time to prepare coffee. While probably in your home’s tranquility, it is not crucial to prepare coffee at high speed, in professional environments, it can be a crucial issue.
If you have a high customer volume, it is certainly interesting that the coffee machine works as quickly as possible.
For agent Dale Cooper, a character on the famous American television series Twin Peaks, there was nothing like good coffee. A lot of people think the same thing as this illustrious FBI agent. In addition to being one of the most consumed drinks globally, coffee has a very social component. Countless meetings and gatherings take place daily over a cup of coffee.
Industrial coffee makers are devices highly valued by coffee lovers. Some users choose them for their fast and straightforward operation. On the other hand, others are enchanted by this type of coffee maker for the convenience and control provided by models with an integrated grinder. No matter what your preferences are, there is undoubtedly a suitable model for you.
We hope we have helped you to be one step closer to your ideal coffee. If so, don’t forget to leave us a comment below or share these tips on your social networks!