If you’re a coffee lover and your day doesn’t start without a cup, this Nespresso Coffee shopping guide will win you over. Here you will find all the information you need to acquire this tool.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nespresso has dedicated its history to perfecting coffee makers. Currently, it is the brand most chosen by lovers of good coffee due to the design of their machines and the excellent quality of the capsules. That’s why we made this guide, so that you know all the details of the Nespresso Coffee Maker.
The most important
- It is recommended that you use filtered or bottled water to maintain the taste of Nespresso capsules.
- The Nespresso coffee machine uses recyclable aluminum capsules that keep the flavor of the coffee intact.
- Analyze why you want to get a Nespresso coffee machine, so that you know which model is right for you.
The best Nespresso coffee makers on the market
We have made a selection of the best products available on the market below. This way, you will be able to know which Nespresso coffee maker is best suited for what you want. Check out what they are:
- The most compact Nespresso coffee machine
- The most cost-effective Nespresso coffee machine
- The Nespresso coffee maker with more advanced features
The most compact Nespresso coffee machine
This Nespresso coffee maker is ideal for those who want to get a compact product, as it can be taken anywhere. In addition, it has a modern design with several colors to choose from, and thus suits any environment. It also has a compartment for up to 6 used capsules, and comes with a kit with 14 original Nespresso capsules.
The most cost-effective Nespresso coffee machine
This is a Nespresso coffee maker that has a more affordable value, but its quality is not less. It has quick heating, automatic shutdown after 9 minutes and a removable tray for preparing special drinks. This model also has a line with more than 20 coffees for all tastes and moments of the day.
The Nespresso coffee maker with more advanced features
This Nespresso coffee maker is ideal for those who don’t give up on practicality and want a versatile product. This utensil combines coffee and milk and creates incredible recipes for you. In addition, it has an elegant design that will match any environment and a control panel with 6 pre-programmed recipes.
Shopping Guide: What You Should Know About a Nespresso Coffee Maker
Given the variety of models available, it can be difficult to choose the most suitable coffee maker. Therefore, check below which are the most frequent questions related to a Nespresso coffee maker, so that you can make your choice more safely.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a Nespresso coffee machine?
Before deciding to buy a Nespresso coffee maker, you need to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of this appliance. Check out the pros and cons of these devices below:Benefits
- Capsules made of recyclable aluminum better conserve coffee
- Uses the ideal amount of water for the amount of coffee that each capsule contains
- You can order capsules to be delivered to your home
- It has exclusive accessories with different designs, materials and colors
- Capsules cannot be purchased at the supermarket
- Nespresso coffee and capsules can be expensive
Which capsules should I use on Nespresso coffee makers?
Nespresso capsules are available in exclusive brand stores and online. They are made of aluminum, with a small plasticized film that does not allow contact between this chemical element and coffee.The capsules are hermetically sealed to maintain their flavor.
Because aluminum is a pollutant, but ideal for storing coffee, Nespresso has carried out recycling campaigns around the world. Therefore, to collaborate with the care of the environment, take your capsules to Nespresso stores or to the collection points detailed on the brand’s website.
These capsules are sent to a place where recycling takes place and the aluminum is separated from the residual coffee. The coffee is taken to an industrial composting facility, while aluminum is recycled and sent to the factory for this material to produce new products.
What kind of capsules are there in a Nespresso coffee machine?
Although there are dozens of capsules with different flavors from different countries, there are two types available according to size: one is Espresso and the other is Lungo. The difference is in the amount of coffee each contains. To use them, you will find the corresponding settings on your Nespresso coffee machine.
How do I clean a Nespresso coffee machine?
Check out some tips below to make your Nespresso coffee machine clean.
- Rinse and clean the water tank: You must do this before filling it with drinking water. Put the tank back in place.
- Rinse the drip tray: Empty your drip tray regularly .
- Eject used capsules: Empty and wash the container that stores the capsules.
- Allow a cup of water to pass through the system without a capsule: This procedure consists of passing a cup of water through the system to clean up any remaining residue that it has. Remember to have a full water tank for this. Then just plug in your Nespresso coffee machine as if you were going to make a coffee, but without inserting a capsule.
- Clean the coffee spout regularly : Do this with a soft, damp cloth.
Should I descale my Nespresso coffee machine?
Certainly. It is important to descale your Nespresso coffee machine regularly, because depending on the area where you live, the water may contain a certain concentration of calcium and magnesium chlorides. When the coffee maker heats the water, the calcium chlorides break and adhere to the aluminum structure.
After a while, this build-up of limescale begins to disrupt the functioning of your Nespresso coffee maker. To solve this problem, the Nespresso brand markets its own descaling kit that gently eliminates scale.
Although the method of descaling with vinegar is widely used, it is not recommended to do so in a Nespresso coffee machine. There are several reasons:
- This can damage the coffeemaker tubes .
- This removes only part of the limestone.
- Vinegar remains difficult to remove from a Nespresso coffee machine. The vinegar’s unpleasant taste and smell will remain in the coffee for some time after descaling.
What are the benefits of descaling a Nespresso coffee machine?
Regular descaling of a Nespresso coffee machine has many benefits, such as:
- A longer life for your Nespresso machine.
- Better coffee (fuller cups, more intense flavor and correct temperature). Lime build-up causes coffee to flow more slowly through the machine, resulting in less coffee in the cup. In addition, the water will have less direct contact with the pipes due to limescale and, therefore, the coffee may be lukewarm.
- Avoids repair costs for limestone damage
- A quieter Nespresso coffee maker .
How do I use a Nespresso coffee machine for the first time?
First of all, know that the warm-up time is 25 seconds. Now, follow the steps below to use it.
- Place the cup in the indicated location.
- Press the button to turn on your Nespresso coffee machine, but without inserting the capsule.
- Press the «Espresso» or «Lungo» button .
- When the water stops flowing, open the machine to place the capsule while the cup is still underneath.
- Empty the cup of water.
- Place the capsule and press the button.
Can a Nespresso coffee machine use any type of water?
It is recommended that you use filtered or bottled water. This not only combats lime build-up inside the machine, it will also keep it in perfect working order. Your drink will also taste better.
Where to find Nespresso technical assistance?
Like any well-known brand, Nespresso offers its users a technical support service. To contact us free of charge, call 0800 7777 737. Through this phone you will find specialized technicians to give you a diagnosis. If you are a member of the Nespresso & You club, your Nespresso coffee machine will be collected and returned in perfect condition.
How do I program a Nespresso coffee maker?
To get the most out of coffee capsules, you can program the amount of water that is dispensed each time you prepare a cup. In the case of “Espresso” mode, 40 ml is recommended, while for “Lungo” 100 ml is required. But if you are one of the strongest coffee lovers, adjust the amount to 30 ml and 80 ml, respectively.
In addition to all that we talked about earlier, it is very important that you check what are the purchase criteria that should be evaluated before choosing your Nespresso coffee machine.
- Water and milk reservoir
Water and milk reservoir
The water reservoir is one of the aspects that should be observed more carefully, especially if you do not want to have to fill it all the time. After all, each model has a different capacity in its water tank, and it can vary between 0.6 and 1.5 l.
It is also important to note that some models have a milk reservoir, which can store 120 ml, 350 ml or 500 ml of the liquid.
This criterion will depend on the space you have in your home or workplace to install a Nespresso coffee maker. As we have seen, there are more than 15 models, many of which are compact. However, there are also those that take up more space, ideal for bars, restaurants and hotels.
A Nespresso coffee machine can be simple or sophisticated, depending on how you want to use it. Depending on your choice, you will be able to prepare only classic coffees or you may have more advanced features such as scheduling coffee preparation, automatically ejecting capsules or having the option of Aeroccino included.
Aeroccino is Nespresso’s milk foamer, and with it you can prepare delicious recipes with milk such as cappuccino, for example. In addition, you can also choose whether you want your milk froth to be hot or cold.
Before buying a Nespresso coffee machine, it is essential that you analyze several aspects, including the use you will make of this utensil. After all, it is not worth buying a machine with numerous features and much more expensive if you just want to prepare classic coffees. Therefore, check below some options according to your objective:
|Goals||For quick coffees||To take up little space, as it is a small and compact Nespresso coffee maker||For milk preparations|
Few people can resist the delicious aroma of a Nespresso coffee machine when coffee is being made. If you want to get it for your home or for your company, Nespresso offers numerous options for each objective.
That is why it is the number one brand in the manufacture of coffee makers, as the years of experience and the excellent reputation among its users have placed it at the top of the coffee world. Now that you know everything about this product, it’s your turn to try it out and see the results for yourself.